Since learning of Nelson Mandela’s death a few hours ago, I’ve watched:
- The New York Times’ excellent video overview of his life.
- The speech he gave after his release from prison.
- A report from WGBH-TV’s old “Ten O’Clock News” on Mandela’s 1990 visit to Roxbury.
- A clip from an interview Mandela did with Bill Moyers in 1991.
- And, for good measure, Artists Against Apartheid’s video for “Sun City.” Where else can you see Miles Davis, Lou Reed and Miami Steve in one (virtual) place?
What I haven’t watched is any television coverage. It’s a new world, isn’t it?