My spring-and-summer video tour of innovative online news organizations continues with Howard Owens, publisher of The Batavian, a for-profit news site in western New York state that he founded when he was director of digital publishing for GateHouse Media.
Owens left GateHouse earlier this year and took The Batavian with him. I visited him in late June and spent a few days interviewing him and other folks in Batavia. Owens, though, is the only one I captured on video.
Here are links to my earlier video interviews:
- Christine Stuart, editor and publisher of CT News Junkie, which covers political and governmental news from the Connecticut State House, in Hartford.
- Adil Nurmakov, Central Asia editor for Global Voices Online, whom I interviewed in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Solana Larsen, managing editor of Global Voices.
- Paul Bass, editor and publisher of the New Haven Independent, a non-profit news site.
- Debbie Galant, co-founder of Baristanet, a for-profit community news site in Montclair, N.J.